UPDATE: RULES FOR ALL AGENCY STAFF WORKING IN THE NHS
Following our four week consultation on proposals Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority (TDA) have implemented a cap on the amount of money that trusts can pay per hour for agency staff working for the NHS.
This will take effect from midday on 23 November 2015. The guidance and relevant documents that have been shared directly with all trusts can be found here
Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority (NHS TDA) propose to introduce caps on the total amount NHS providers can pay per hour for an agency worker.
The proposed hourly price caps would apply to:
• all staff groups employed by NHS trusts and NHS foundation trusts: nursing, medical, all other clinical and other non-clinical staff
• all agency staff and bank staff
The price caps would not apply to substantive/permanent staff or staff employed by ambulance trusts.
Monitor and the TDA will consider all responses to the consultation and decide whether, when and how to implement price caps.
Subject to that process, the aim is to introduce the price caps on 23 November 2015.
If you have trouble accessing the online response form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to access Price caps for agency staff: proposed rules and consultation
- Click here to access the letter to NHS foundation trust and NHS trust chief executive officers
- Click here to access Price caps for agency staff: impact assessment